The GameMaker: Player is a stand alone application that can be used to play games made with GameMaker: Studio. It comes bundled with GameMaker, and as a developer you can upload your games to it as well as play other people's games. If you have created a developer account, you can log in to the Player app from GameMaker: Studio using the option in this window. You can find further information about becoming a developer and uploading games from the YoYo Games Knowledge Base here - Player Articles.
The menu shown above is the menu after you have logged in to your YoYo Account. If you do not have an account yet, then you need to go to the The Account Menu and select "Login" and from the login window click the text "Create New Account.
Once you have created your YoYo Account and have logged in, you will have access to the following options:
- Open Player: Start the GameMaker: Player application.
- Help: This will take you to the YoYo Games Knowledge Base where you can get help with any issues.
- Selling Games: Clicking this will take you to the YoYo Games Knowledge Base Article on creating and selling your games.
- Submission Guide: Clicking this will take you to the YoYo Games Knowledge Base Article containing the rules and guidelines for creating and selling games on the Player.
- Download Player: Should you have un-installed the Player at some point, or if you are having issues with it, then you can click this to download the most up-to-date version for installing.
You can find a brief overview of the GameMaker: Player in the