The Sprite Editor View Menu
This section explains the view menu functions
associated with the GameMaker: Studio sprite editor.
The view menu contains
a number of commands related to the visual aspect of the image
- Zoom Out: Zoom the main image view out to see more of
- No Zoom: Set the zoom level for the editor to have a 1:1
pixel ratio for the sprites on the screen.
- Zoom in: Zoom the main image view in to see less of the
sprite and focus on smaller details.
- Toggle Grid: With this you can toggle a transparent grid
of lines that show the individual pixels of your image (note this
is different to the background grey/white squares that show
- Grid Settings: Here you can specify the size of the
pixel grid that you want to use, the base overlay colour for the
grid lines as well as how to blend them ("exclusive or" on or off),
and you can also enabled grid snapping, which will snap what you
draw to the nearest grid square when active.
- Show Preview: This will toggle the preview window for
your sprite on or off. The Preview window appears in the main
editor window, and if you double click on it, you can switch
between x1, x2 and x3 scaling, giving you a much clearer picture of
the sprite and how it looks while editing it in the main
- Set Transparency Background: This option will open the
Transparency Settings window where you can change the grid of
squares shown when any part of your sprite is transparent. The menu
permits you to change the block colours, as well as their size, or
select a flat colour:
- Toggle Scratch Page: This will toggle the current
drawing canvas to be either the current image index, or the
© Copyright YoYo Games Ltd. 2015 All Rights Reserved