|bone||The name (as a string) of the bone.|
|map||The (previously created) ds_map that stores the bone data.|
Your skeletal animation is made up of a number of "bones", which you will have defined and given names to in your animation program, and this function can be used to set certain data for the named bone at any time. Note that this data refers to the default pose for the skeleton, and not the current pose that is being drawn (for that use the function skeleton_bone_state_set), and must be set from a previously created ds_map, which should have the following keys and their equivalent values:
- "x": The local x position of the bone relative to the parent bone.
- "y": The local y position of the bone relative to the parent bone.
- "angle": The local rotation of the bone relative to the parent bone.
- "xscale": The local horizontal scale of the bone.
- "yscale": The local vertical scale of the bone.
- "parent": The name (a string) of the parent bone.
IMPORTANT: Spine integration in GameMaker: Studio is a Pro licence feature and will not work in the Free/Standard versions.
var bone_map = ds_map_create();
ds_map_replace(bone_map, "parent", "body");
The above code creates a ds_map and then populates it with the data from the bone named "head". It then replaces the "parent" bone key in the map with a new value and sets the "head" bone again with the new set of data.